How to Invite a Visitor
In accordance with the Policy on Academic Visitors (VPRGS-10), Concordia University faculty members wishing to invite Academic Visitors to campus should follow the steps described on this page.
How do I invite an Academic Visitor to Concordia?
- In conjunction with the Visitor, establish a collaborative research project and dates for it to be conducted with you at Concordia.
- Fill out the Academic Visitor Request Form; sign it and have your Department Chair sign it.
- Ask the person you are inviting to supply the follwoing information and attach it.
- Have the Visitor supply you with the information required in Section I of the Form.
- Visitor’s Curriculum Vitae.
- Photocopy of Visitor’s passport page showing name and date of birth
- Letter from the Visitor’s home institution clarifying affiliation and status.
- Submit completed Academic Visitor Request Form to your Faculty’s Research Facilitator. If your Faculty requires any additional signatures (i.e., Associate Dean Research and International), the Research facilitator will acquire it and then forward the complete file to Concordia International.
- Once complete, the Research Facilitator will send your Visitor’s file to the corresponding International Liaison Officer at Concordia International to issue an official Letter of Invitation (LOI) from the University.
- Africa, Europe and Middle East: Ms. Dorota Potapowicz / S-X 102 / x 4970
- Americas, Asia and Oceania: Ms. Christine Archer / S-X 203 / x 4988
- The International Liaison officer will send a pdf copy of the LOI to you and your Visitor; mail the original to the Visitor via regular post and the Visitor will then apply for a Work Permit at the Canadian diplomatic mission serving her or his region.